1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Parameter Incorrect

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Maged, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Maged

Maged Thread Starter

everytime i try to restore my comp to factory image it says parameter incorrect

i have windows 7
    alienware m11x

heres my msinfo thing

Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0 "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\oobe\pdapp\uwa\updaterstartuputility.exe" Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Aim "c:\program files (x86)\aim\aim.exe" /d locale=en-us Maged-PC\Maged Startup
    AlienFX Controller "c:\program files\alienware\command center\alienwarealienfxcontroller.exe" Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Bluetooth c:\progra~1\widcomm\blueto~1\bttray.exe Public Common Startup
    Broadcom Wireless Manager UI c:\program files\dell\dw wlan card\wltray.exe Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    FirstBoot firstboot.lnk Maged-PC\Maged Startup
    FreeFallProtection c:\program files (x86)\stmicroelectronics\accelerometer\ff_protection.exe Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Google Update "c:\users\maged\appdata\local\google\update\googleupdate.exe" /c Maged-PC\Maged Startup
    HotKeysCmds c:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    IAAnotif c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel matrix storage manager\iaanotif.exe Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    IgfxTray c:\windows\system32\igfxtray.exe Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ISUSPM Startup c:\progra~2\common~1\instal~1\update~1\isuspm.exe -startup Maged-PC\Maged Startup
    msnmsgr "c:\program files (x86)\windows live\messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background Maged-PC\Maged Startup
    NvCplDaemon rundll32.exe c:\windows\system32\nvcpl.dll,nvstartup Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Persistence c:\windows\system32\igfxpers.exe Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    RtHDVCpl c:\program files\realtek\audio\hda\ravcpl64.exe -s Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Sidebar %programfiles%\windows sidebar\sidebar.exe /autorun NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Startup
    Sidebar %programfiles%\windows sidebar\sidebar.exe /autorun NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE Startup
    Stardock MyColors c:\progra~2\stardock\mycolors\sddela~1.exe "stardock mycolors" alienwarebreed "c:\program files (x86)\stardock\mycolors\loader.exe" Public Common Startup
    SynTPEnh %programfiles%\synaptics\syntp\syntpenh.exe Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

2. fel1x

fel1x

how are you trying to restore it via a boot up repair disc which you would have made? or via a link from the computer manufacturer like restore or non destructive restore?

very possible image is corrupt and you will need a disc

3. Maged

Maged Thread Starter

its like their own thing they have where u press f8 at the dell screen and login and it says dell factory image restore and u click that

4. fel1x

fel1x

if a dell image file is corrupt they will provide you with a disc ( thats what they used to do)

or you could try(but means you will have an image of a current problem)

start, type, back up, you will see. make an image and make a disc. , try that , but best to get a disc

why are you needing to do a full restore????

5. Maged

Maged Thread Starter

cuz i have so many things on this computer that are like corrupted files and stuff like that, but when i make that disc...does it save the things on here or does it just do the operating system and drivers and stuff, cuz i dont want it to i just want it to be like brand new

6. fel1x

fel1x

make a recovery disc if you can as you will need one sometime in the future

the disc allows you to boot to the image it does not have files on it like "stuff"

untill you get a disc from dell i suggest you try to sort your system out , windows 7 should not need reinstalling all the time like xp sometimes did

its quite surprising i was a total xp bloke hated 7 now love it, dam hard to crash it actually

7. Maged

Maged Thread Starter

well i tried talking to dell but they said they cant help me cuz i have an alienware computer.

8. fel1x

fel1x

not sure what that means Dell or not a Dell , still is it under warranty ? as long as you have your coa license , your code, you could use a mates disc

there is a tiny possibility if you do a full disc check it may help but unlikely

if it is a Dell then the image will be hidden if the image is on say D drive saying something like "backup"

then right click that drive properties tools error checking tick both boxes , wait till finished

9. Maged

Maged Thread Starter

sorry that confused me what should i do?

10. fel1x

fel1x

look in D drive or E drive a large file will be called backup or something like that if say its in D drive then right click on the D drive icon properties tools error checking tick both boxes

when you have done that and waited for it to finish then go to start type cmd right click it run as administrator when box opens type sfc /scannow and leave it to finish if it finds anything wrong do it twice then try your restore

11. Maged

Maged Thread Starter

i dont have a d drive or an e drive...i do hvae a c drive tho

12. fel1x

fel1x

just a C drive? unusual , most have at least 1 partition i am GUESSING then the image being a Dell is hidden in that case try right clicking C drive properties tools error check tick both apply re boot

13. Maged

Maged Thread Starter

i did that but i dont see "tools"

14. fel1x

fel1x

right click the icon for C drive properties tools is top tab on left, are you on an administrator account or limited account?

15. Maged

Maged Thread Starter

nvm i found it but it said cant do it while its in use

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977684

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice