1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Paranoid? Or practical?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Tipacanoe, Apr 22, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe Thread Starter

Just wondering about the collective wisdom of this site.

Would you go on a 25 day sea cruise from the Med to Fla via the Azores & Caribbean starting on Nov 4th in this particular year?

It's a Pres. election year, Iraq is a powder keg, another 100 million more Muslims hate Americans than was the case a year ago, our travel insurance is full of exclusions for terrorist related problems.

Am I being paranoid or practical to ask this question and think about these aspects?

:confused:

2. oldie

oldie

Paranoid :D

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Think reduced rates and enjoy the trip. :D

4. jackal969k

jackal969k

Look at the bright side. You may be out on the open sea when all hell breaks loose on the land. :D

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

*I hear Mulder approaching with an answer*

:D :D

6. Rockn

Rockn

If you don't go the terrorists have done their job.

7. gws226

gws226

I much rather die having the time of my life on a cruise ship, then on the 32nd floor of my office tower in Manhattan :D.... My vote is for taking the cruise! :D

8. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

If you don't want to go, send me the tickets... ;)

9. Mulderator

Mulderator

I don't even have to read the post--just seeing Tipecanoe as the thread starter, I already know the answer! Liberal paranoia gets my vote! :D

PS--Tipe, you're Candian, remember? Your government didn't support the war. So all you have to do is wear a T-shirt that says, "I'm Canadian" on one side and "I hate America" on the other. The Muslims will leave you alone, but the Republicans will shoot ya. Frankly, I'd be more worried about the Republicans! :D

10. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

To be truly careful you should send me and my wife in your place, I'll get back to you about whether its safe or not. :D No sacrifice is to great for our Canadian friends.

11. Mulderator

Mulderator

But are you going to wear the "I'm Canadian/I hate America" T-shirt?

:D

12. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Hell if he's paying I'll wear the "I wuv wuv wuv John Kerry" t-shirt. ;)

13. Mulderator

Mulderator

Spoken like a true conservative! (y)

Of course, Kerry means nothing to Canadian Tipe. He'd prefer the "I hate America" T-shirt!, which has much more International appeal!

:D

14. AlbertB

AlbertB

And very dashing he will look in it too - as he lounges for three and a half weeks in his deck chair in the hot sun listening to his favourite music with a long cool drink in his hand and nothing to do that has even the remotest connection with the word "urgent" and thinks of us all slogging away at whatever our particular flavour of "grind" is in our suits and uniforms! (SIGH) :p

15. cnimbus

cnimbus Banned

Unless one of the Mediterranean ports of call is in Gaza, what's to worry about? Your chances of getting blown up or hijacked are pretty slim. Look at the WTC attacks. They affected maybe 10 or 20 thousand people. Do the math: (20,000 people affected รท 5,000,000,000 people total) x 100 percent = 0.0004 percent chance or less of being affected by a terrorist attack in most places. And that is a worst-case scenario. Put another way, that is a 99.9996 percent chance of not being affected. You probably have more chance of being killed by a meteor than a terrorist.

The current climate of fear in America is merely people going into panic mode instead of using common sense. IMO you are being practical because it makes sense to investigate things rather than jump to conclusions.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice