1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Parent/Teen New Driving Experience" Thread

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by angelize56, Jul 24, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

Um ive been here for 2 months:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

I'll pass that on to him poochee! :) Thanks...you're one in a million I tell ya! ;) :)

3. hewee

hewee

Happy early Birthday to William from hewee too. :D :)

4. angelize56

Thanks Harry! :)

IR: Yes...but it's the first time I've seen you post and thus welcomed you! ;) Should I take the welcome back? :D

5. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

Nah ill hold onto it as a keepsake:D

6. angelize56

Thanks IR! ;) :D

A friend of William's was injured in a car accident here in town night before last! :eek: She is 16 and was a passenger in a car driven by another 16 year old who attends my son's high school. The young man ran a flashing red light at 11:50 p.m. and was t-boned! He is alright but she suffered a fractured hip, punctured lung and ruptured spleen! :( She has been flown to U of M Medical Center in Ann Arbor...that's where the most seriously injured victims go...I hope she will be alright! :( The young man was ticketed and I'd say his license will be gone for quite some time!

7. poochee

poochee

I'll bet this got Williams attention.

8. angelize56

It got everyone's attention poochee! In my heart I think 16 is too young to drive alone....you have to hope parents take the child's maturity into consideration before letting them drive at that age!

9. poochee

poochee

(y)

10. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

Apparently you think the same way my mother thought when i was 16
    I didnt get to drive alone til 17(n) :mad:

11. angelize56

As I said...you have a wise Mom! (y) :)

I just think a teenager at 16 needs to have displayed a certain level of maturity to drive a car...were you mature enough in your Mom's eyes then? She was thinking of you and your safety...not just herself I'd think! We Mom's worry enough about our teenagers when they aren't driving...because we love our children and don't want to lose our children to an auto accident no matter who is at fault!

12. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

Apparently she wasnt worried about ME she was worried about the other people on the road who might hit me or be really aggressive

13. angelize56

Sounds just like me!! ;) :D

14. SlackAli

SlackAli Account Closed

17 hours to go until my motorbike theory test and I'm borderline pissed - in the British sense. Not looking good(n)

15. katonca

katonca

Hi angel, I taught both of my sons. We started out with a lot of mall parking lot driving instruction. They both started at 15-1/2. It wasn't till after they turned 16 that we left them drive alone and that was only in town. We have basicly only owned "mature" autos so we left them drive one of those. They paid 1/2 of the increase in the insurance bill until they got jobs. Good luck to your son

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice