1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Parent/Teen New Driving Experience" Thread

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by angelize56, Jul 24, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. katonca

katonca

Definately

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

Thanks katonca! :) Under my monetary circumstances right now...which you're familiar with...William will definitely have to get a job and pay slightly more than half for the insurance increase and save up for a car! He isn't complaining or giving me a hard time about that! (y) :) My '89 Cutlass Ciera has to last me a long time to come...I can't chance it getting wrecked! :eek:

3. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

The first car i used was my moms 96 Chevy Beretta which i labeled as Satan's Car because it was red, the last 3 numbers in the VIN were 666 and it always had something wrong with it:D

4. poochee

poochee

Maybe you should change your avatar!:D

5. angelize56

poochee: Agree! :eek:

6. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

hey i like my avatar i just didnt like the car

7. katonca

katonca

Just remind him that when his buddies are in the car there's no horsing around.

I am pretty strick when it comes to driving. I always told my sons to be careful and no speeding - over and over and over again.

My youngest was coming back from a church meeting this spring - on a four lane highway - and got busted for dong 86 mph. He said he just wasn't paying attention. That doesn't make it any more understandable I told him.

He paid the fine, lost his lic for 1 month and was not allowed to drive our "good" car anymore.

8. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

Ive never been given a speeding ticket or even pulled over
    the cops are everywhere in my town so its hard to speed

9. angelize56

katonca: 86 in what speed limit zone? :eek:

William and I have discussed just about everything under the sun when it comes to safety in a car while he is driving...no fiddling with the stereo/CD player...no eating...no cellphone usage...no friends at first...obeying all traffic laws...respecting other drivers...avoiding those who commit road rage...etc!

10. angelize56

IR: Well keep up the good job! (y) :)

11. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

Thanks but i do enjoy taking corners at an unsafe speed:D

12. angelize56

I'm telling your Mom! ;) :D

13. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

so...shes usually in the car when i do it:D :D :D

14. poochee

poochee

:D

15. KeithKman

KeithKman

I can see why you are nervous about your son driving. Just don't treat him like a baby.

After I got my license, I didn't drive that much for a good 4 to 5 months. I was scared to drive. I wasn't worried about my ability, but the stupid drivers around me. I drove with my parents a lot in the car, and they felt comfortable with my driving. I started to drive more by myself and enjoyed it.

Now I drive a lot, the more driving, the better you get. Just like with almost anything.

Just remember, he is 16 and I'm sure he is nervous already. No need to put more stress on driving than what is already there.

My dad still gives me pointers when I'm driving and he is in the car. He is an awesome driver, as he drives A LOT. On Monday he drove 1090 miles.

Make sure he knows driving is a privilege and not a right. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice