1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Parent/Teen New Driving Experience" Thread

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by angelize56, Jul 24, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

Hi Keith! :) I know...I do tend to remind him about a few things while he's driving...I have to sit back and relax more! ;) This morning was the first time he drove on country roads to my brother's house! :eek: I was more nervous than him!! :D I have to remember he is a NEW driver and not expect so much! I feel bad now that I might have ragged on him a little too much on the way there! :( :( I apologized and he forgave me though! ;) He actually drove pretty good...he does get a little nervous when a car is approaching him from the other direction....normal response!! So yes Keith...thanks for reminding me to lighten up on him! :) *Hugs*

2. grandpaw7

grandpaw7

When I was teaching my then sixteen year old stepdaughter Nancy to drive, I told her to slow down. But she pointed out to me that the sign said to go 35 mph. Can't beat that kind of logic.

3. angelize56

Hey there Grandpaw! :) It seems my son is driving faster than the speed limit...but he's never gone over it...I'm just not used to the passenger side after driving myself for so long! :D Have a nice weekend...hope the knee is healing well! :)

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

You know, Becky taught the two older kids to drive. :D I wasn't into the "white knuckle" experience that it is to teach a kid to drive.

I did take Jeff to the high school parking lot and let him do a few laps around it, but I never went on the street with either of the older kids. :eek:

With Casey, I may end up teaching her but maybe not. She has older siblings that are up to the task if that is the way they choose to do it. I will teach her if she asks me to but I won't volunteer. :p

5. grandpaw7

grandpaw7

Thanks AngelEyes. The trick now is to get the knee to flex and extend more. Unfortunately, that's one of those "no pain, no gain" deals. But if it doesn't kill me, etc.

6. katonca

katonca

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. poochee

poochee

Didn't know about the knee! Get it healed!!:)

8. angelize56

Hi katonca: ;) :D

Hi Grandpaw: Well keep up the PT even if it's on your own now!! :) I'm counting on you for a blow by blow of the whole experience from where we left off...right when you got home! ;)

Hi poochee!! :)

I was going to let William drive today but it's miserably hot out...and the AC in my car doesn't work! :eek: So no way!! :D

9. Foamer

Foamer Guest

Agreed katonca...
    65 is unjust. (n)

(y) [​IMG] (y)

10. angelize56

I think I'll avoid PA while you're driving Foamer! ;) :D

11. katonca

katonca

Morning angel, :)

Have you taken him driving in the rain yet or is it too soon? I hate driving in the rain more than snow.

12. katonca

katonca

Hey foamer, my son would enjoy that. :D

13. angelize56

Good morning katonca! :) He drove one night in pouring rain...slower but good! (y) :) It's winter time when I'm going to curtail the driving for now! I'm going to wait until it snows, drive him to a big, empty parking lot and let him see how cars drive on snow and ice! That's the one bad thing about Driver's Ed in the summer....the kids have absolutely no idea how to drive in snow! :eek:

14. poochee

poochee

Hi Angel...Check the announcement thread for a message to William that I'm sure you won't approve of.:eek: :eek:

15. angelize56

Don't worry poochee....that is NOT going to happen! ;) :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice