1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Parental Controls s/ware wanted

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Nutech12, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

I used to have Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, it came with my Linksys router. It was awesome for Parental Controls at a click!

It allowed me, the parent to block off times in hourly chunks. I had my sons iPhone set as follows:

No access:
    9pm - 7am
    4pm - 6pm

Access:
    6pm - 9pm

My younger guy:

No access:
    8pm-8am

Access:
    3 - 4pm

No access:
    5-6pm

Access
    7-8pm

Off he goes to bed! It was great.... now I have this Hitron CGNM-2250 router that will only allow blocking overnight or during the day, but nothing in comparison to the above setup with Linksys! Also, the Devices all came in a list, all you had to do is to select edit, and hilite squares = Hour(s)/day.

Anyone know of a free 3rd party s/w that will do this. I really wish Linksys could work with the HITRON!

Thanks

2. joe957

joe957

K9 web protection maybe what you are looking for.

http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

Not needed (single user) but installed anyway. By my testing (beginner) found that the program does as promised. I changed no settings. Just installed and let it do its thing.

3. Nutech12

Nutech12 Thread Starter

Thanks I checked it out, problem is, is that it is designed for PC's that will be accessed by the family. I need something that will block the iPhone's iPods, a couple of Androids etc.

It would have to be Router software, if there is such a thing other than the manufacturers garbage!

4. joe957

joe957

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice