1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Parental Controls

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by slyaccord, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slyaccord

slyaccord Thread Starter

hi, i've just liked to say i love this site and thats it has become very helpful, but anyway, i have a relative that hangs out with some bad people, and she will be living with me from now on, and i want to be able to block certain programs, ie AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, etc and certain webpages like Yahoo mail and things like that...if you guys know of a program to go about fullfilling what i want then i would be most greatful, if its a free one it would be even better but thanks for your help

2. bilnrobn

bilnrobn

First Name:
    Bill
    Do you want to let this person use your computer? A better solution might be to set up a password so she can't use it at all!

3. ceri sheeran

ceri sheeran

Hi,

"System Policy Editor" which is part of Windows O/S should do what you wish.

If you are using 2000, NT or XP then you can use Administrator & User passwords, to restrict what can and cannot be accessed.

You could also consider a parental control program such as Cybersitter. This will restrict access to numerous types of web site and can have anything you wish added as a restricted site. This works very well in preventing our daughter getting to all sorts of chat rooms, instant messaging etc.

Personally I'd go with a BIOS power on password.

hth

Ceri

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219515

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice