Parental/school control

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LawaBoy

Greetings,

I am setting up a game or 2 for the welfare coordinator to use for the kids. Thing is that I need to disable these games during class hours. Would be kinda problematic if the kids where playing during class. :D

So is there a program out there that can help us?

Thing is that the school computers is in a domain. There for I can't just use the "windows 7" parental control software. I need a program that I can either setup on each machine that will disable this program from for example 8 AM to 3 PM. Or a program that can control if the games are allowed from a remote computer, like the one I got in my office. :D

LawaBoy

Greetings Palz,

Thanks alot for the help with the problem, even though this isn't freeware I can still use it.
Homeguard activity monitor is somewhat the program I am looking for. Even though I only needed one of the program options the rest is allways help full.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Why not setup a user that only has access to those programs and can only login during certain hours of he day.

LawaBoy

Wonder if I can get the IT guys down town to setup that...

Thanks alot for the tip Squashman :D

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Shouldn't be that hard. That is basic GPO functionality. Not sure why they don't have a GPO to limit software usage by time. It would be nice if they did.

LawaBoy

Well, it's setup is so that other people that is't designated as IT tech, can't install programs/software that isn't a part of the "Run Advertised Programs" program. If I login I can do mostly what I want, but like studens and teachers can only install programs from the "RAP".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online