Parition Resizing ... Help Please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aaronmcgowan

Hey,

How would I go about resizing one partition; making it smaller, and then adding the free'ed up space to the other partition? I am currently using Windows XP. Could someone please help me as soon as possible, thanks.

PS: I do not want to buy software, I will use free software if I have to. Thanks!

If you can trust opensource linux tools (usually give me no trouble at all) I use sysresccd.org 's bootable CD with QtParted, a free graphical partitioning program. It will allow you to resize move and do other work with partitions. Just download the iso and burn to a disk, boot ur computer and load the partitioning software, rest should be self explanatory, if u experience problems just post here.

Partitioning can be dangerous make sure you create a backup of all important data.

Does that allow you to actually partition, or just test it without writing to the drive?

Hulk701

Banned
iXneonXi said:
Does that allow you to actually partition, or just test it without writing to the drive?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that... :confused:

iXneonXi said:
The trial version as I recall just lets you set it all up, but doesn't actually do the partitioning--it teases you by letting you see what it would look like if you pay them! ;)

Partition Magic is a fabulous program, though--well worth the money.

Hulk701

Banned
I bet if you bought a used or older version from Ebay or Amazon you could get it on the cheap....:D

I wouldn't buy an older or used partitioning tool. Infact i wouldn't buy any liscensced pc software from ebay because you never know if you are getting a valid, legal cdkey/license.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The Acronis partitioning tool may have a fully functional version for a short time. I know that Acronis True Image has a 15 day trial that is full function.

aaronmcgowan

Hey,

Thanks for all the replies. Although... I am not familar with the ISO way of doing things ... :( But, what is the link to Acronis ?

IDK about acronis, ask the others, as I download the ISO, burn the image, boot into linux and partition from there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online