Parity error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Adiio92

Good evening..

I am in need for desperate assistance with my PC as it will not boot, the motherboard logo comes up, then on a black screen appears "parity error" nothing else, except a blinking "_" .. no other keys word or anything..

My research pointed me to believe it was an issue with my ram (2x 4GB DDR3) though purchasing new ram yielded the same "parity error" and in fact presented a new issue where it would continuously reboot as if it was shorting..

I've now bought a new power supply to compensate for my rebooting problem, but alas, the parity error persists..

Finally, further research showed that it may in fact be due to outdated bios of the motherboard, resulting in the motherboard not being able to recognise the ram modules, I've since updated that and guess what!?

PARITY ERROR!!

This thing is driving me crazy now really.. I'm just short of purchasing a new motherboard and CPU since those are the only parts I HAVENT replaced.. can someone please help me.. I will provide any details like pictures or even video footage of the process I experience..

PLEASE HELP!

Oddba11

Jim
Parity error usually indicates a RAM issue. Although it's usually indicated by BEEP codes and not on the display.

Having said that, as you have swapped the RAM, that would indicate an issue with the motherboard.

You could try manually clearing the CMOS (procedure and pin location should be in the motherboard User Manual). Aside from that, I'd say it needs to be replaced.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online