1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Parity error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Chiscringle, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiscringle

Chiscringle Thread Starter

I'm running a Dell XPS 400 on Windows XP Media Center. So far three applications have caused a blue screen memory parity error. Two low-quality fullscreen games and my webcam controller. One game is fine if I restart after the error, the other needed to be run in compatibility, the webcam I'm still not sure about. This is a nuisance more than anything else, but is there a way of finding out what part of my computer is doing this? I find it odd that it'd be my memory cards, since this only happens in certain predictable circumstances.

2. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

3. Chiscringle

Chiscringle Thread Starter

I can't find an accurate way to test each one. I've switched them out and tried all three programs, which work with all four of my 1GB RAM cards. I've tried the programs now with all four cards in again without any problem.

Is there another way to check them? I've also tried the diagnostic programs that came with my computer, and there's no problem there either.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/735967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice