1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

parrelel lines on my monitor

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ron pearce, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ron pearce

ron pearce Thread Starter

I have just recently loaded windows me as my xp crashed but every time I turn on the computer the monitor goes blue and lines appear on the screen. I then turn the computer of and start again it then loads with a message at the bottom of the screen restoring windows and it starts properly, this happens every time i turn the computer on.

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Any yellow exclamation points or yellow question-marks in here?

Boot into Safe Mode - (tap F8 twice per second during a restart; Choose option number three (3) in the Windows Startup dialog box using the arrow keys below the Delete key, and strike the Enter key; Click Ok when prompted);

Right click My Computer; Point to Properties; Click the Device Manager tab; Click the plus sign beside CDROM; Highlight each device inside CDROM, each in turn, and click the Add/Remove button until no main CDROM entry is present.

Repeat with each device below that, Display Adapters etc. (see exceptions below), removing all duplicate entries inside a main heading. If duplicates are present, remove all those Duplicate Entries Only, inside a main heading.

Do Not bother Hard Disk Controllers, System Devices, and USB controllers.

Restart via the Start button and Windows will re-detect, refresh and only replace those devices needed. There is no use for 2 keyboards, CDROM etc. as those duplicates cause some of the errors you describe.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice