1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Parse Pics automatically from card reader??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by StatiraSystems, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StatiraSystems

StatiraSystems Thread Starter

I see there are some knowledgeable people here. Hopefully I can get some suggestions.

Question: What options do I have for automating the parsing of pictures from a card to two different folders with the ability to separate by a name given? and possibly a date?

Envir: Wyse ThinClients RDPing to Win Server 2003 Standard with multi card readers. (if it were linux problem solved lol)

Situation: A client of mine has several field employees that take pictures of jobs. They come in and need to upload them to the server. One folder is for archiving so the originals go untouched for a duration until deleted. The other folder is parsed out to the jobs folder. Now for these to be parsed they need to be identified by the person that took them, not necessarily the one uploading them. They are short on staff and time so this needs to be somewhat automated.

Ideas: My ideal situation is you put the card in the reader and Windows detects it and prompts for a name and/or date then automatically moves the pictures. Script it so when you put the card in it calls the script?? How? Create a box that sol purpose is for loading these pics?

Any ideas would be good? Hoping for a pre-existing package but doubt there is one. Maybe Picasa can?

Please let me know,

William

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!