1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Parsing error on eBay / Google search problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by repeater, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. repeater

repeater Thread Starter

I originally placed this in the Vista forum by accident. Newbee mistake...:rolleyes:
    When signed into eBay I cannot search or click on any watched items. It goes to a blank page with a little yellow triangle in the bottom left corner of the screen over the word 'Done'. When I click on the triangle it gives me this error :
    HTML Parsing error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
    Also, if I do a search with Google, I cannot go past the first page of the search. I click on next or the page # and it does nothing.
    I tried the reset in IE and it works for a few times than it goes back to the same thing.
    I even reinstalled XP thinking it might be bad drivers.
    I have IE* on two other machines, 1 laptop and a desktop and no problems with eBay or Google searching with them.
    This machine is a Dell Optiplex 620 with 3 gig of ram, dual processor, 750 gig HD and XP Pro version 2002 service pack 3.
    I do have Firefox installed and it works with eBay and Google just fine but I really would like to keep IE if possible.

2. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

Is it IE8?

The best way to fix this is to uninstall ie8 and to do this you'll have to uninstall sp3. Then reinstall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!