1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partial Display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by taneiko, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taneiko

taneiko Thread Starter

Only on my profile (administrator) I am missing the use of 1/4 of my screen.
    See attached screen shots.

A window opened at its maximized setting doesn't open to cover the left side of the screen. Also, desktop icons "disappear" on that side. Kind of reminds me of a black hole. If I move an icon fully to the left it vanishes, but returns at some point.

I can go to Full screen view from IE and Mozilla and have use of the entire display, but not with other program windows such as WS Word. I have checked the display settings, I have gone to the windows classic display. Something changed on the display (maybe by a 5 year old playing switch-a-roo with my icons?). Please help.

Thanks, Tatia

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. TekTime

TekTime

Strange problem. Have you tried "Safe Mode" to see if the problem occurs there?
    Have you tried uinstalling and reinstalling your video card in device manager?
    ---------

To uninstall:

Start>
    Control Panel>
    System>
    Hardware Tab>
    Device Manager>
    Double click Display Adapters
    Right click your adapter (ie Nvidia Graphics controller)
    Click "uninstall"
    Restart your computer

Post back if that doesn't solve the problem.

3. taneiko

taneiko Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. Although I did use your suggestions, I randomly figured out that it was a recently installed AIM program. Uninstalling it did the trick. Thanks for your time.

T. Gibson

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice