partially colouring a cell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

matelot2

Hi,

Is there any way of partially filling a cell with colour?
If I format a cell border with a slant, can I fill just one half of the slant with colour? or even better fill both halves with a different colour?

Is there any way of making my own symbols that I can put into cells with shapes and colours as I require that would fill the boxes?

I am thinking of using the cells to design maps for two dimensional computer games and the scope would be perfect if I could do the above.

Thanks.

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
What you want is not possible but you could decide on trying another forn like Wingdings and WegDings and use colors
Which version of Excel are you using?

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Yes, but it's not possible and I checked some symbols and so, that'll be almost impossible to

2007 and 2010 have more options but not these

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online