Solved Partition/HDD to SSD/Boot problems

ACEorNOT

hello i don;t know it's right category or not but i have a problem and i don't have any idea what to do please help me. I don't know what the hell happened I had 2 drive one hdd and one ssd I wanted to transfer my windows from hdd to ssd then I tried to do that with reflectfree app then just transferred my system partition (maybe) then I used MiniTool Partition Wizard app, I created unallocated and transferred system to hdd drive again. then I tried to transfer windows to ssd but I don't know what is this! I had three drive in my pc before. like this this : drive c: 198Gb , Drive D: about 120GB(SSD) and drive E:1.62 Tb. but now I don't know what is this drives and where is my ssd and also I can't use my bootable device to install windows again it's repeat opening boot manager when I click on my USB over and over. so I can't reinstall windows. I don't have more information about what I've done please help me at least reinstall my windows again thank you. fd.pngj,njk.png

Gr3iz

Mark
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

It would appear that Disk 1 (drives I:, J: and K:) is your SSD. Disk 2 is a 2TB(?) HDD comprised of drives C: and F:.

Have you got anything you wish to save? If not, remove the data and/or power cable to your HDD and install a fresh installation of Win10 on the SSD. During the installation, when you get to the point of selecting where to install, do a Custom install and delete the existing partitions first. Once Windows is installed and running, you can add the HDD back and remove the existing partitions and create them as you wish, or leave it one single partition. I'd install programs and save data to the HDD since the SSD is fairly small.

ACEorNOT

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

It would appear that Disk 1 (drives I:, J: and K:) is your SSD. Disk 2 is a 2TB(?) HDD comprised of drives C: and F:.

Have you got anything you wish to save? If not, remove the data and/or power cable to your HDD and install a fresh installation of Win10 on the SSD. During the installation, when you get to the point of selecting where to install, do a Custom install and delete the existing partitions first. Once Windows is installed and running, you can add the HDD back and remove the existing partitions and create them as you wish, or leave it one single partition. I'd install programs and save data to the HDD since the SSD is fairly small.
thank you! yes i want to keep my data on drive E and i don't care about other drives. but my problem is i can't install windows again and every time i select my USB from boot manager nothing happens!

Gr3iz

Mark
Can you disable any type of secure boot in BIOS (or UEFI)? That may be preventing you from booting from USB devices. Just be sure to disconnect the HDD prior to Windows installation. That will prevent any interference, or accidental erasures.

ACEorNOT

Can you disable any type of secure boot in BIOS (or UEFI)? That may be preventing you from booting from USB devices. Just be sure to disconnect the HDD prior to Windows installation. That will prevent any interference, or accidental erasures.
secure boot is disabled already and USB's prior is higher than others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts