1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by c_wilson, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c_wilson

c_wilson Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I've got a major problem that I need help with! I have a Samsung 160 gb IDE hard drive that was loaded with about 90 gb of music. I tried cloning this drive to a brand new Maxtor 250 gb with a ******** cloning program on the Ultimate Boot Cd 3.4...The clone took about 6 hours and when it finished, it said it completeted with no errors.. The problem now is that when I plug EITHER drive in, it does not show ANY of my files!!!! I immedietly focused on retrieving my data from the OLD Samsung drive and for some reason when you connect it to Windows, it only shows it as having ONE 30gb partition that needs to be formatted!!?? How did this happen!? Surely all my music has not been lost! Has the parition that was holding my music become damaged? How do I access it again!? Its making me sick to my stomach to think I may have lost all this music. I have tried a few freeware programs to "rescue" the drive but it doesn't seem to help. Thanks for reading! :confused:

Chris

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice