1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition Magic 8 has corrupted Windows partition and Data partition

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SFinn, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SFinn

SFinn Thread Starter

My computer came with one great big partition, with XP Home installed on it. For four months all my data got stored on that same partition. Then I got partition magic, and decided to make a separate partition for all my files. This turned out to be too small, after I'd transfered all my music, plus my work files to it. I then tried to repartition the drive, taking most of the spare space from the XP drive and giving it to the data drive.
    Just as it started to widen the Data drive, and after shrinking the XP drive, it crashed. Now XP doesn't boot, and my data partition is corrupted too.
    I've been daft and so have no backup of my data, and no partition magic back-up floppies. Is there anyway I can get the data back?

If it's any help, Ubuntu is also on the laptop, and working fine.

2. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

Do you have the installation CD? If so, "BART PE" may be the solution. I have used it with success. Here is the link: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

{redoak}

3. SFinn

SFinn Thread Starter

Thanks, do you mean the installation CD for Windows? or PartitionMagic?

4. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

The Windows installation CD.
    {redoak}

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!