1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition Magic 8 Write Error #49

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by itsonlyme, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. itsonlyme

itsonlyme Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have an 20gb h-drive (c) installed with 9,766.0mb allocated and 9,703.3mb unallocated. When trying to free up the wasted space by creating a fat32 logical device (e) partion it comes up with write error #49 when comming to the second job pending. I am new to this type of thing, can anyone help?
    I am running Win98se, athlon 475mhz porc, 128mb ram, two h-drives, local second h-drive label (d) 12.7gb.
    Thanks

2. mobo

mobo

Try simply creating the partition then apply it and reboot..Then go in again and try to format it then aply it and reboot.

3. itsonlyme

itsonlyme Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply mobo,

I have been doing as suggested, it states 2 jobs pending, is this right? then gives me the error halfway through.
    Thanks

4. mobo

mobo

Try cancelling both those jobs and just attempt one at a time and reboor between..

5. itsonlyme

itsonlyme Thread Starter

Hi mobo,

Nothing seems to work, though I did notice it said this will only work in BOOT MODE, I can find no reference to this in the help files.

Once I have selected the unallocated space, I select create and select the relevent info, the following 2 jobs (always 2 jobs, even on just creating first) pending info is displayed as:

1) creating partition *. (extended, extended volume, 9703.3mb on disk 1.)

2) creating partition E: partition-2 (fat32,logical volume 9303.3mb on disk 1.)

Whatever changes I make I always get the write error #49.

Regards
    Kevin

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!