Partition magic 8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

williamorc

hi i have norton partition magic 8 and i am trying to create a backup drive form my original 330 gig drive. But for some reason when it is working it says something is wrong (can't remeber what) and then asks me to press any button so i do them thats the end of that but when i check to see if it worked it says the space is "unallocated" can someone help me please my hard drive is to big and i want to be able to do scans faster. and i want to put things o a backup drive

It sounds like you are on the righ track.

If the unallocated space is the size you want for your new partition, you can format it and then use it. You will have to pick the kind of format and you should use whatever the other drives (partitions) have. For example NTFS, FAT32 etc. If you use a different format, you will not be able to see the data once it is done. The data will be there but not visible to an operating system in a different format.

Put the cursor on the unallocated space and right click. A pop up window with commands should pop up. Or, you can go to the menu bar above and do the same thing but you need to left click on the unallocated space (that tells the program where to apply the commands).

If it is not the right size, you can resize it by reducing the size of one of the adjacent partitions.

It would be a good idea to read the manual at least once before doing anything too complicated. Before making any changes on my drive the first time, I read the manual three times so that i was very familiar with what was going to happen and why.

williamorc

well see hats the problem i have had this program for a while, i never used it before because all my othewr drives were small but now that i have a big drive and want to use it, i lost the damn manuel i looked for it but i dunno its gone but i will try what you sugessted thanks man!

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
Click the "Help" tab. It probably covers evertything that is in the manual.
{redoak}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online