1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition Magic error...now can't get into Windows

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sleeptodream, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sleeptodream

sleeptodream Thread Starter

Okay, so I tried to partition my drive, and Partition Magic was doing the "resizing" until it reached about 33%. Then it stopped, said something like, Press any key to reboot. It rebooted, but now I only get to the bios screen, then to the black loading Windows screen, then a really quick blue screen (only for a split-second, I can't read anything from it), then restarts all over again. I can't even get into Safe Mode. Please help!

2. ceri sheeran

ceri sheeran

Hi,

Did you create Partition Magic Rescue Disk set when prompted to do so during the installation process. If so try using these.

If so try using these.

Try getting into Safe mode by putting a non bootable floppy disk in and switching on.

When you get the "Non System Disk or Disk Error" message, remove the floppy disk and then press F8.

hth

Ceri

3. sleeptodream

Thanks for the reply, first of all.

No, I wasn't able to do so...(please don't kill me) I didn't have a floppy drive, that's why. Now I got to borrow a USB floppy drive and...

I did it, but instead of the "Non System..." message, it says, "Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart."

More help, please. :(

4. sleeptodream

Okay, I got to boot into Windows by booting with the XP CD, running Recovery Console, and then doing CHKDSK /R (or was it P?) Got to reboot, then Abort when the Partition Magic screen came up again.

I'm scared about rebooting now, though...the problem might come back. What to do what to do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!