1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition Magic help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by evileggplant, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evileggplant

evileggplant Thread Starter

On my comp right now I have a 120 gig 7200rpm HD.
    I have win xp service pack 2 on it.
    I had to redo everything on my comp less then a week ago and when I was in a rush so instead of setting up my partitions using the program in the winxp install process I elected to do so afterwards using Partition Magic. I want to resize the partion so my C drive is 40 gigs (Im only using 6.22 gigs right now) and then make a new partition with the left over space for my games.
    I go into the program and do the resize bit and it all looks good. Partition Magic tells me to restart for the changes to take affect, but when I restart nothing happens. It all goes back to the way it was before. Any ideas why I cant resize that drive?

2. n7Epsilon

n7Epsilon

Hi,
    Try to reinstall PartitionMagic. This can happen if some of its components are missing or damaged...

Also, you can tell PartitionMagic to create a DOS PartitionMagic disk that will let you perform these tasks if the Windows version isn't working correctly... (I think it's called a rescue disk or something... look under Start > All Programs > PartitionMagic > Paritition Magic Tools > Create Rescue Disks)

The DOS PartitionMagic is just as capable as the Windows version, and is more reliable....

Hope that helps...

3. iRichard

iRichard

Try use DOS base PartitionMagic to perform the task.

Since PartitionMagic file size almost 1.2MB, it can't fit into bootdisk.
    Create a bootdisk and copy partitionmagic into another blank disk to run in Dos mode.

With these you not need to install PartitionMagic in your HDD.

Try & See!

:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!