1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition Magic Question????

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Geep2, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geep2

Geep2 Thread Starter

I have an XP computer with Drive C: and Drive D:.......I wish to make C: drive larger and D: smaller. I purchased Partition Magic 8.0 to be able to accomplish this. However, while reading the 'online' manual, almost at the end of 167 pages or so, it states that if you have Norton SystemWorks you MUST run Partition Magic from rescue disks??? Here is what it specifically states......................

"You can use PartitionMagic on a system where Norton SystemWorks is installed.
    However, you must run PartitionMagic from the rescue disks. If you attempt to run
    PartitionMagic under Windows with Norton SystemWorks installed, you may receive a
    disk-write error."

I have Norton SystemWorks..............do I HAVE to run this program from the 'rescue disks' which they advise me to make in order to change C: from 20 GB to 35 GB and reduce my D: from 40 GB to 25 GB?????

Any help here would be appreciated......I will not begin this project until I hear from one of you 'resident experts' and I certainly am NOT one myself. Thank you in advance for the help. I really do appreciate it!!!

2. ceri sheeran

ceri sheeran

Hi,

I've used PM with System works but not with anything newer than PM 6.

I've also stopped using System works as it is a reource hog.

Simplest solution to me would be to remove System works using the Add/ remove Programs or Sysmantec removal utility.

Run PM to achieve the partition format you want.

Then re-install System Works again.

Live update would take a while wilst it picks up all th eupdates.

Personally, I don't think System Works is worth the trouble. It is on one old computer 450Mhz P2, but I wouldn't use it on anything newer.

hth

Ceri

3. Geep2

Geep2 Thread Starter

Thanks...........I really did not think of that option.........may try it to save time and trouble. Thanks again,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice