1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition Magic says drive "BAD". Disk Administrator says "Healthy"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DCM1519, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCM1519

DCM1519 Thread Starter

I have four external drives (FAT32) and opened Partition Magic a couple of days ago. It said one drive was "BAD". MS Disk Administrator says drive is "Healthy".

I am able to access this drive through Windows Explorer and do anything I want with the data. This appears to be a false reading by Partition Magic but I am not completely convinced of this because it has been such a good program for many years.

Do you think I have a failing drive?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I wouldn't trust either program. Find out the manufacturer of the hard drive and download their hard drive diagnostics. The manufacturer's own tests should give you a much better idea if its in good shape or not.

3. happyrck

happyrck

a handy tool for checking hardware is ultimatebootcd it has the tools from all the harddrive OEMs and can also check your memory among other things

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

to read about and download ...its free

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/452337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice