Partition magic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

casper03

i have posted this in other forum but no replies:

i have a 30gig c drive which i split into two partitons.
with xp on the front end using 9 gig as i wasnt sure it
was going to be ok on my system.
I also have me on back end of c drive 20gig.

is there a way to delete the me partition and allocate the whole drive to xp without losing my data on the xp side as this
os has a perfect install with everything running perfectly.

i partitioned the drive using partition magic.

haven't used PM for a while, but i think the data in the source drive ( c: ) is ok when you add back the split area from d: (20Gb)
-you lose everything on d: tho

pretty sure it's covered in the help section

a ghost or other drive image backup on CD would be a comfort tho

casper03

i dont think i explained it properly:

both partitions are on c drive and i have installed boot magic to choose which os i boot into so the partitions are both on the same drive letter which is C does this make any difference?

i really need to get rid of the me on the back end as there is nothing i can do with the trojan that is on it.
and my XP is working fine

oops, haven't done dual boot
assumed the partitions had different drive letters

still suggest the help files, PM's website has some useful info tho

new info re: trojan on the ME boot? - you've probably done it, but you'd want to clean that up before moving anything into your XP OS or changing partitions

sorry

What is the order of the OS installations and exactly how did you do them?

On a different note, please do not post your question more than once. This violates the Forum Rules. It can become very messy. If you do not receive a response to your post, you can request that it be moved to a different forum or reply to it to bump it back up to the top.

casper03

i have XP on the front end at 9 gig as i wasnt sure how it would run with my hardware and on the back end i have ME on 20 gig

i had me to begin with then split the drive into two:i have included text file with all partition info for you

Attachments

You should be able to just uninstall PM, remove the second partition and and resize the first one.

(If you get XP's boot menu when you uninstall BootMagic, post back - easy enough to fix.)

casper03

but if i uninstall PM how do i resize the the xp side to use whole drive

I'm sorry, I meant to say uninstall BootMagic and then use PM to resize the partition.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online