1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition problems & no zip found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elwoodmc, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elwoodmc

elwoodmc Thread Starter

I crashed my system somehow and had to reinstall everything. In the process I created a partition on my hard drive and Iam only using approx. 2gb of a 6gb hard drive. I of course need that space. Should I, Can I, delete the partition so that space can be used or should I leave it and use it the way it is? I only use Win98 as OS.

Also my zip drive was not recognized by my system after I got everything reloaded. The above mentioned partition shows up as the D: drive. I have downloaded the program from Iomega to help win98 find the drive but that does not work.

I have a Sony PCV-220 Pentium II 266 Mghz if that info helps any.

2. deuce

deuce

So are you not able to use the D: drive? You can either leave it and use the hd partitioned like that, or if you use repartitioning software such as partition magic and you can just marge the two partitions, or you can reformat your hd and do a clean install of your OS... however the last option will delete everything so you will have to back stuff up if you want to keep anything... but it is free. Partition magic if you don't have it is around $30.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice