Partition Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Davidlaw69

My hard drive is partitioned and Drive C is near full. Drive D, which has 80% of the total hard drive space is near empty. I want to move my documents from Drive D to Drive C to relieve the pressure on Drive C. My documents is 2 GB. What is an easy and good way to move the file from Drive C to Drive D?

Thanks.

Hi David!

Well, you could simply move the files manually. If you wan't the "my documents" folder to be stored on another partition, right click "my documents" - select "move" and select the new location. Nothing to it really.:)

Why not simply use a partitioning program and make the C drive larger is all. I use Acronis Disk Director which works in Windows but someone may come along with a freebie for you soon that works by downloading an iso burning a cd and then booting too it...too much work for me!.

Why not simply use a partitioning program and make the C drive larger is all. I use Acronis Disk Director which works in Windows but someone may come along with a freebie for you soon that works by downloading an iso burning a cd and then booting too it...too much work for me!.
GParted is free, however this is not without risk - I used it only a couple of weeks ago, but the operation failed and I had to reformat. I did successfully resize the partition using the bootable GParted cd a couple of times before, but I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're willing to take the risk.

You could also consider moving your paging file to D:, but someone else will have to help you with that since I've never tried it before.;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online