1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Davidlaw69, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Davidlaw69

Davidlaw69 Thread Starter

My hard drive is partitioned and Drive C is near full. Drive D, which has 80% of the total hard drive space is near empty. I want to move my documents from Drive D to Drive C to relieve the pressure on Drive C. My documents is 2 GB. What is an easy and good way to move the file from Drive C to Drive D?

Thanks.

2. zabusant

zabusant

Hi David!

Well, you could simply move the files manually. If you wan't the "my documents" folder to be stored on another partition, right click "my documents" - select "move" and select the new location. Nothing to it really.:)

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Why not simply use a partitioning program and make the C drive larger is all. I use Acronis Disk Director which works in Windows but someone may come along with a freebie for you soon that works by downloading an iso burning a cd and then booting too it...too much work for me!.

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

5. zabusant

zabusant

GParted is free, however this is not without risk - I used it only a couple of weeks ago, but the operation failed and I had to reformat. I did successfully resize the partition using the bootable GParted cd a couple of times before, but I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're willing to take the risk.

You could also consider moving your paging file to D:, but someone else will have to help you with that since I've never tried it before.;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!