1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

partition recovery problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nursie, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nursie

nursie Thread Starter

Hi there, i'm very new here and my knowledge is of a very basic standard i'm afraid.

Right here goes....
    I am trying to recover some old files that were deleted years ago. I have got [email protected] recovery on my machine and have paid for the registration code.

When i try to recover the files that it has found, it says i need to delete the invalid partition????

Could anyone explain what i need to do please in the most basic way possible please.

Thanks

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. JackAlexander

JackAlexander

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

If and only If you are extremely lucky and the files are still there you might like to try the excellent free
    PC Inspector File Recovery http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?language=1 which is designed for recovering files without damaging any current data.
    When it asks for a location to save files please make sure you save them to a different disk than the one you are recovering from. Also don't install the program on that disk.

Active Partition Recovery is different and is NOT what you need.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!