1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partition

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 2David, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2David

2David Thread Starter

I was having trouble downloading with win98 it kept coming up with errors so I upgraded to winxp and it downloads great now except there seems to be a partition made when I did this and startups seem to take longer is there a way to get rid of all or most of the win98 so I'm with just the xp? No partition?

2. asaw

asaw

Sounds like you may have installed XP as well as 98, rather than instead of! Wait for somebody else to confirm as i'm only a beginner at this, but i believe you'll need to back up everything you want to save, then using the xp disc, format and re-install. When I formatted and re-installed, i selected the same partition, and windows deleted the old version, before re-installing the new. I assume that now you have BOTH installed, and so PC is running very slow. Hope to be of some help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!