Partitioned hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CharlesMac

My computer has a 4 Gig hard drive that is partitioned. I keep having to clean out the C part and if I could move some of my programs, etc. to the D side, it would help quite a bit.

I have added a 20 Gig Drive that I use for correspondence and other things, so I have plenty of memory, but do not know what I need to do to organize.

I understand there is some software that will eliminate the partition, or rearrange the drive contents.

Any helpful advise would be appreciated.

I think ParitionMagic is what you want. It would allow you to move all the data from the second partition on your first drive, I assume driver letter E: and move it to the newer hard drive. Then you could use ParitionMagic to delete the second partition and expand the C: drive to 4GB and have plenty of room left. I also recommend you move your Windows cache to the new drive as well, which will free up even more space on C: and possibly make your PC run faster.

CharlesMac

Thanks Dan O for you response about PartitionMagic.

Will try.

When I get my hard drive situated, I want to add a CD Burner.

Any recommendations?

Hi CharlesMac

Just adding my thoughts re your CD burning recommendations.

Not been able to fault my 8 month old Teac CD-W512E re-writer for burning using Nero Burning ROM software.
Has a 12x10x32 (writexrewritexread) maximum capability and received rave revues from the press around the time I bought it.
Doing a straight burn (no testing) I can copy a standard audio CD (up to 650Mb) in about 30 minutes or so.
Only one problem you might already be aware of - some CD players can be fussy about playing PC written discs, though I've not had a problem with either my in-car or house Sony players.

For low cost unit I recommend BusLink. I own many brands and it was the cheapest, easiest to setup, and most compatible one I have. I purchased a Acer for one of my daughters not to long ago and I had all kinds of prolems with it. It had a hardware problem and I found it was not compatible withe EasyCD Creator 5. Acer tech support told their unit is only warrantied and guaranteed to work with the software they ship with the unit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online