1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Partitioning a 2GB Cruzer Flash Drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cwwozniak, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I have a 2GB SanDisk Cruzer® Micro USB Flash Drive with U3 technology. It includes optional password protection of the entire 2GB. Is there any way to partition the unit to say roughly 1.5 GB and 0.5 chunks and then only apply password protection to the 0.5 GB partition?

2. Nightfirecat

Nightfirecat

Hmm... I'd say that the answer is probably no; as the software is bundled into the flash drive itself-- but I'm not sure. If there is some hidden material in the first folder, that's probably the program that allows for password protection... If so-- then partition it and put the program in the .5G sector.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!