Partitioning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

davisshaver

How do I partition my new Dell Windows XP system? Can I do it with the Reinstallation CD?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Unless you use something like Partition Magic, you'll be reinstalling everything from scratch.

davisshaver

There is the Recovery console on the reinstallation cd, couldnt i just go through the recovery console and use disk part?-

crjdriver

WinXP [and win2k] disk management can create partitions in unallocated space only. So if you do not want to use a third party partitioning tool you will need to start from scratch and reinstall os and apps.

2 main choices are

1) fdisk (destroys all your data)
2) Partition magic (doesnt destroy data)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts