1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Parts Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bonron24, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bonron24

bonron24 Thread Starter

so i had just recently bought parts from my new Gaming Pc, while everything seems fine and plugged correctly, all of the fans including the cooler, gpu and psu aren’t spinning. i tried to re-seating the gpu and plugging the ram on different dimm slots (my mobo has only 2 dimm slots) on both rams. still didn’t work. i tried the psu trick where you put a paper clip on the green and black wires. And psu works fine. I don’t have any spare components to test. and also tested the trick where you put your screwdriver on the power switch. Maybe the motherboard is the problem? Or i should RMA it and get a better motherboard?

here are my specs
    CPU: R5 2600
    CPU COOLER: stock
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450m Gaming Plus (mATX)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2400 mHz 16GB
    GPU: MSI 1050 ti
    PSU: Insignia 550w 80+ Bronze

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Either the PSU is dead or the mobo is dead.

You can at least test the PSU with your old PC and see if that works. If the PSU works, then the mobo is dead.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Are you sure the standoffs between motherboard and case are all in the correct positions ?

4. bonron24

bonron24 Thread Starter

My PSU is working fine, i did the thing where you put the paper clip on a specific wire of the psu which is the 24 pin. It works but when i plug it in the mobo, it doesn’t work

5. bonron24

bonron24 Thread Starter

Mobo is not yet on the case when i started the process i put the mobo last in the case (imo)

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you try to start it before putting it in the case ? If not I would take it out of the case and see if it works then. You can probably leave the PSU in the case if it's cables are long enough to reach the motherboard when it's out.

If you try this put the motherboard on a non-conductive surface like the box it came in.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice