Pass form value to Report Access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rockn

I have a form with an unbound text box that is calculating a sum of items selected for purchase. I would like to take that value and pass it to a report to fill an unbound text box on the report. In the onclick event for the command button I have put

Reports![rpt_SelOrderFrm]![Text6].Value = Me.Text37

Passing values like this between forms works fine, but the report shows nothing at run time.

Is the syntax incorrect in the reports collection?

OBP

The problem with Reports is that unless the data is available at the On Format it is difficult to pass the data, have you tried using a Dlookup instead, it goes in the Text6 field's source in the report.
If the Report is based on a Query then you can also create a column heading called
[forms]![form name]![Text37]
where form name is the name of your form. You make that the source for Text6 o the Report.

Rockn

Since the report is already filtered to the JOB_ID from the selections form all I did was set the textbox values to equal the values from the main selections form. It seemed to work ,but I wonder if it will cause a problem when other users have the same form open?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online