1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pass word for Router D-Link

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ayazhzaidi, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ayazhzaidi

ayazhzaidi Thread Starter

If somebody could explain in easy English how to restrict my Router by putting in a Pass word so my neighbours could be stopped using my highspeed internet and thus makinit weaker for my household. Thanking U in anticipation.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    then go to the wireless configuration section and put a wireless security password in - if all your wireless devices support WPA2 use that - the best way to find out is to enable WPA2 and see if they all connect ok

post back the exact D-Link model and we will find a online manual or possibly a simulation to help you set up

3. ayazhzaidi

ayazhzaidi Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply but I was not able to go wireless configuration, the IP is 192.168.0.1 for D-Link and the Model No. is WBR2310.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    from the manual you should be able to get to the configuration page
    Use internet explorer
    To access the configuration utility, open a web-browser such as Internet Explorer and enter the IP address of the router (192.168.0.1).
    Enter the user name (admin) and your password. Leave the password blank by default.

what happens when you try this

there an emulator here
    http://www.dlink.com/support/faq/?prod_id=1457

is the wbr-2310 rev B ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973640

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice