1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Password access

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ken Zolinski, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ken Zolinski

Ken Zolinski Thread Starter

I recently had a popup stating that there were Microsoft updates so I accepted the updates. After the updates my computer keeps asking for a signon password which I never set up. I tried various possiblities like "admin", "administrator" etc with nothing helping. Is there a way I can skip over this to access my system? I don't want to re-install Windows XP again not to mention all the software I have loaded in the system.

Please help.

2. Sphinx

Sphinx

That sounds like a suspicious popup that contained a link to a trojan. Do a virus scan.

3. Sphinx

Sphinx

If you can't get on to your computer you can boot into safe mode by pressing F8 as your computer starts up.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi Ken Zolinski

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Sorry, we cannot assist with passwords per the Forum Rules.

But you are welcome to post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum

Closing thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice