Password for my router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

volleygrl07

Hello all! I am not sure I placed this in the right category, but I am curious as to how to put a password onmy LYNKSIS router. Other people who are using my router are making it so slow and I am continually kicked off. Please tell me how to make it password protected, Thanks Jamie

Hi jamie, welcome to TSG.

I'm assuming this is a wireless router. This is not good at all if you have unauthorized people using your internet connection. They're not only surfing the web on your dime, but also would have complete access to your PC(S).

Check out this link for the password change:

http://support.earthlink.net/mu/1/psc/img/walkthroughs/hardware/Linksys/befsr1/9179.psc.html

.....hopefully they haven't already changed the password to keep you out.

Even if you change the password, please do not stop there as you've done nothing (yet) to keep others off your network. Please read and follow the advice here to secure your network:

http://arstechnica.com/guides/tweaks/home-802.11b.ars?2305

Please post back. Even you you accomplished everything, there's still other concerns we can address to make sure your PC is secure.

:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online