1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Password for settings

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by such3, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. such3

such3 Thread Starter

I hope this is the right forum for this query.

My Grandchildren keep getting into settings & trouble

ensues. Is it possible to make settings available only by

password?

Thanks

2. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

What operating system are you using?

3. such3

such3 Thread Starter

98se

4. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

Windows 98, huh? That is unfortunate. Your best move would be to upgrade to Windows 2000 Professional.

Apart from that, this appears to be something that can help you: http://www.zdnetindia.com/downloads/info/3993259.html

I ditched Windows 98 a long time ago so I have forgotten its features. Windows 98 was not designed to have multiple users with different levels of permission. Windows NT was used for that. Therefore, securing Windows 98 for certain users might be tricky. Give the above program a try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114824

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice