password forget on window NT 2000 Pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

myngoc

please help me how to reset password or create new password .
when i was change to new password i forget to note it. now i don't know what password to login please help me thank you!

D

Deletedmember81584

It all depends WHAT password you are referring to.

The password when you boot up the computer and you need a password in order for it to even boot up into the logon screen? This is in your BIOS and you can get rid of that by removing your battery for about 20 seconds.

The password you have to enter when you are at the logon screen? Well, if you know or can log on with administrator rights, then you can go into control panel and users and then change the password or delete the account and create a new one. If you have flat out forgotten your password? Hmmm....me thinks your SOL, but my brain is small so maybe someone will have an answer.

Best of luck!

Yes there is a solution!

Just tell me, is it the boot pass or a user pass? If it's a user pass can you log on as an administrator or not?

I don't believe that software will do anything for changing the bootup BIOS password. It will only let you change the password of a local user's account.

It is easy to change the boot pass. just take the batt out or go in the bios and change it.

We just need to know what the password is for.

That's one what that can work for a desktop boot password. Laptops need a bit more research.

Mostly I wanted to clear up that the software is not for either one, only for the logon password. From the first post seemed to be what they wanted.

Another thing to try, assuming it wasn't the account that got changed, is to try and login as "administrator" with no password.

Bob Cerelli said:
I don't believe that software will do anything for changing the bootup BIOS password. It will only let you change the password of a local user's account.
I didn't mean the BIOS password when I said either, I just meant if he couldn't remember the old or new password he created.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I guess it would be useful if we knew which password we're talking about, as well as the type of machine...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online