password on outlook express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cfishus

I just changed o/s from 98 to xp - am running internet explorer 6.0 and outlook express 6.0. prior when going to get my mail i had my password locked in so i did not have to enter it each time. however, now i must enter it and the "save password box" is grayed out. any idea of how i can change that back to the old way?
thank you.

Hi,

check this open up outlook click on tools then go to accounts click the mail tab select ur account ur using then click on the properties box then click the server tab and look for a bit which says about remember password either tick it or untick then ok and see if that works.

ipatriot (y)

cfishus

the easy way out is not working. thanks for the microsoft information, will do what they say. thank you

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts