Password problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pentiums4

I am working on an emachine that will not read my bootable XP Pro disk during boot. I tried to go into setup to check a few things but setup is password protected. I have no idea how this PC got password protected. Is there anyway around this password protection so I can enter setup? All help appreciated.

Bryan

Bryan
There should be a jumper you can remove to clear the BIOS. Do you know what the make and model number of the PC is?

The other option that I believe will work is to remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute and then reinstall it.

If you can't find the jumper, you might also try taking out the CMOS battery for around 1/2 an hour.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online