1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Password Problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tonysi, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonysi

tonysi Thread Starter

Hi

A system we have sold has a problem with passwords - probably best explained by the customer:
    When I log onto email - either via explorer or outlook express - I have to enter my password twice. Once is to log onto the internet and then to retrieve my emails.

Your technician tried to fix this and it did appear to work at the time. However it has reverted back to asking me to reenter my password each time. This happened the very same day that he was here and in fact happened the very next time I went into email.

I have been trying to fix it by the following path:
    Tools
    Accounts
    Mail (have also tried 'All')
    Properties
    -entering my password
    -checking 'remember password'
    -pressing 'apply'
    -pressing 'ok'

Does anyone have any ideas what the fix might be???

TIA

Tony

2. belithrawien

belithrawien

3. tonysi

tonysi Thread Starter

Will try this and let you know..

Thx

Tony

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice