1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Password protect pictures (jpg files)

Discussion in 'General Security' started by satishgupta, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. satishgupta

satishgupta Thread Starter

I want to password protect photos on my PC.

I saw a posting recommending creation of a zip folder. I created the folder, but can't find the last step
    File>Add a password. Can someone please help.

I am using Windoes Vista

Regards,
    Satish

Steps given in other post
    -----------------------
    ~Go to Explorer and navigate to where you would like the password-protected file.
    ~Right click on the file then go to Send To and click on Compressed (zipped) Folder
    ~It will then create a zipped folder with the file in it. Go inside the zipped folder then go to File > Add A Password
    ~Put the password you desire in the forms and you're done.

2. galapagos2359

galapagos2359

3. hewee

hewee

galapagos2359 is just spamming the site so don't get that software. Sure there is a free version.

Click on the help in WinZip and it will tell you how to add the password.

4. satishgupta

satishgupta Thread Starter

Thanks Galapagos2359 for suggesting a solution.

Thanks Hewee for pointing out the problem with this software, and for help feature in WinZip.

5. hewee

hewee

Your welcome satishgupta.

Your see lots of spammers that point you to software and most all your see that they have only posted once or twice at a forum because there post get deleted for spamming. So always watch out on post like that.

6. rantanplan

rantanplan

I use winsesame it is realy a good soft even if the free version not allow big enough folders. I think it worth the $40

7. galapagos2359

galapagos2359

What spam? where do you see spam ? I just gave my advice.

8. hewee

hewee

You know what spam is just like the other new member rantanplan who posted does trying to sell the software.

Like always ones like you that post on software are alway a new member pointing to software that cost, or if free it is very very limited but you can buy the full version or it's just bad software to start with.

9. hewee

hewee

http://www.winzip.com/htsearch.cgi?...format=builtin-long&sort=score&words=password

http://www.winzip.com/powertips.htm#encrypt

10. lunarlander

lunarlander

There is another free software called Truecrypt that allows you to create encrypted folders. You use a password to access the folder. You can optionally use a key file too.(keep that key file on a USB key ) So if you use both, it will be two factor access control.

11. 1002richards

1002richards Trusted Advisor

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/766210