1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Password protect USB stick

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Son_Yaqin, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Son_Yaqin

Son_Yaqin Thread Starter

It seems like a simple requirement, yet after doing some research I'm finding it very difficult to find a way to password protect my USB sticks. I know some models like the SanDisk Cruzer come with built in software but would like to find something I can use with my existing models. Is anyone else finding that all that seems available are complicated and pricey encryption programs (which I have used before and dont work well)?

Is there not simply a program that will prompt you for a password and then allow you to view all files and folders therein, without the need for encryption?

I dont mind paying for one, but I'm not interested in lengthy encryption. Need quick, easy and secure access.

Surely in this day and age such a thing is available?

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

4. Son_Yaqin

Son_Yaqin Thread Starter

Hi,

Good link, I will try this out. Thanks.

5. zpipes

zpipes

Interesting, I think I'll look into this too. Good posts.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/991549