% Password-Protecting Folders %

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lutz1904

How do I set up password-protected folders?

I've already tried the compression-way
(Moving the files into a compressed/zipped folder; then 'File' -> 'Add Password')...
But using that way requires you to enter a password for EVERY file you want to open/view

Are there any good+FREE programs to download
that make it so that you could add a password to FOLDERS (not files)?

Help :(

-- EDIT --
Also... the programs I've tried were "not good enough".

One program was almost perfect. It was easy to use (although having to have a password 6 characters long was annoying)... But everytime you wanted to open the folder, you had to go throught the process of setting a password on it AGAIN. Setting a password after simply viewing files in the folder is very annoying.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Use an encryption program then.

Just google search for Axcrypt. You will find it on Sourceforge.net

What the heck is up with people using % signs in their thread titles. Second time I have seen it today. Is there some kind of significance to this. I find it annoying.

valis

do a google search for dirlock.zip. I, unfortunately, had to use that to cma at a former job. Worked great.

Howdy folks...

Lakewood089...

I see from your profile that you are 15, I have to ask a question ( please take no offence from it )...

Whom are you trying to lock out viewing these folders ?

awalker0878

Removed by request
I suggest use ntfs security permissions and encryption for more secure files. But remember encryption will slow down reading the files and also if you are not on the domain it is *very* tricky to recover efs files if you user account is lost or damaged.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online