Password Protection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

agent2x4

Is there a way to password protect certain files? For example, I'd like to keep mildly sensitive items from work in the computer, say for instance in the "my documents" folder. Is there a way to password protect that folder so if someone uses my computer, they just can't waltz in there and look around? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Bob

Yes if you are using Windows XP (NTFS). Otherwise you would need a third party utility. Do a search on Google.

PGP is a great, free encryption program. It lets you choose the encryption strength, for your purposes the lowest setting will do, and even that is not from easy to crack. It goes up to 2048 bit encryption, and there is a $200,000 prize for the person that cracks that at the RSA Challenge.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online