1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Password Recovery?

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by jerryatrix, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerryatrix

jerryatrix Thread Starter

:confused: I got a great deal on a PowerBook G3, OS X, through a police auction. However there was no install CD and I don't have the password to unlock it. My friend suggested to get it anyway and I could probably get advise online. So this is where I'm at.

Can anyone suggest a way I can recover the password with out using an install CD? Or is buying an install CD my best option?

2. tedwinder

tedwinder

Sorry, I don't think you can do that - for security reasons. Your best bet would be to get a disc off eBay - you know how to reset a password with the disc, I trust?

3. jerryatrix

jerryatrix Thread Starter

Thanks for that. I'll just have to go and buy one then.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice