1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Passwords, HELP

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by laurenhall15, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. laurenhall15

laurenhall15 Thread Starter

help o help o help!
    I just got a computer for my room. I was so excited I put a password on everything! Now I cant remember the password on the very beginning of my screen and that means that I cant get into ANYTHING on my computer! I NEED HELP! if you have ANY information..PLEASE email me at [email protected] and if you have AIM please im me at jmsbayb15 iINEED HELP!! PLEASE! i really need to fix my problem!

thanks a lot! lauren :D

2. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

lol

Hey, if you are running any Windows system besides XP and NT, then passwords are a waste of your time! When the login screen pops up asking for your password, just press "esc" on your keyboard. Now you have access to all of your files again!

If you want to get to something you had on your other desktop, just go to My computer, C: drive, Windows, profiles, your old name, and desktop!

If you need any other help, let us know!

3. laurenhall15

thanks for the help..but we r not on the same page! the password i am talkin about is not the user login, the password that i am talking about is the one that appears like this:

ENTER PASSWORD:
    this is the VERY first scrn that pops up, this scrn is completely black, with white writing in the top right scrn of the computer.

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

With Win98, you will get past the password to the local computer but not have access to a decently configured server.

Even with NT, passwords are very easy to get past. Just did this on several machines over the weekend, including an Windows2000 server.

We have been previously asked not to post the link, but there is free software on the Internet that will allow you to change the password on any NT based OS. E-mail me and I'll send you the link.

5. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

Oh! I know what you are talkng about lauren! Here's how to reset the password!

Open up your computer, and look on the motherboard for a small silver battery set into the motherboard itself. When you find it, take it out and leave it out for a while (I would recommend overnite). Put it back in, and there you go!

The password should be reset! So will all of your other bios options, but those are easy enough to change.

Good luck!

6. laurenhall15

ok well i just wanted to say thank you for all the help that yall gave me. i wound up taking my computer into the shop and they reset my password. since i have been playing with it i have been able to get so far. thanks again and email me with your problems and i may be able to help
    [email protected] :D

7. laurenhall15

yay! its working im on my screwed computer now!!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice