passwords

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Katrina_19

I have reason to beleive that my 13 year old daughter has starting chatting with someone a lot older than her in a chat room. Is there any way of working round her passwords so I can check the content of her e-mails? :confused:

"Work around" is maybe a nice term but that is against the policy of the TSG Forums.

sekirt

She's 13. Her safety is your responsibility. Talk to her, explain your worries and concerns and tell her you need to check her emails...assure her you're not going to pry into harmless but private correspondence...check the senders' addresses first so you can discount any you recognise as friends of hers. If you see any suspicious names ask her who they are from, open them and briefly scan them. BUT to maintain trust, if you do see an email where she's slagging you off to a pal, you must let it go and not comment. Just focus on the main issue.

Is this related to your other post about your concerns that photographs of you have been emailed/uploaded? Are you thinking that your daughter has sent photos of you to this 'older person' in the chatroom in an attempt to present herself as being older than she is?

Katrina
Do you mean accessing her hotmail or msn accounts?
If so there is no way to get them other than talking to them explaingin your concerns and ask to see the emails, Or failing that demanding your teen gives them to you or lose computer rights. I agree completely and wholeheartidly with Surreal2 comments regarding privacy and sensitivity, however remember that the terms for most internet messaging and email plans are with parents conscent for those who are considered minors. If you have not provided your teen with conscent, then you may choose to send an e-mail to the provider(s) and ask for suspension of the account.

If you dont want to confront the teen, then there are parental programs such as family key logger http://www.spyarsenal.com/familykeylogger/ you can download it and it monitors key strokes on the computer and saves them in a log file that you can access by hidden keys strokes. You can view the file and esentially read what was typed on your end, but not the other computers so it is limited. Also you can get programs like actualspy http://www.actualspy.com/screenshots.html that take snapshots every few seconds and log keys, giving you a greater level of control of what is happening on your computer.

I personally would not go to those extremes, but it is an option if you think you need it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online